This really fun pillow cover kit is from the "Handmade Embroidery" line by Dimension Needlecraft (from the E.K. Success product lines). I like the company slogan "with a few simple embroidery stitches and a little applique, you can create a heartwarming project in just a weekend with our Handmade Embroidery line". Which is true, this kit is easily finished in one weekend and is great for those with limited free time to work on embroidery projects but want to enjoy the relaxing fun of doing embroidery. This is also a nice kit for introducing embroidery to beginners. The project is cute and the fabric and appliques are good quality cotton.
- pre-printed cotton fabric pillow cover in 100% cotton
|100% heavy cotton|
- pre-printed cotton fabric appliques
- color coordinated cotton thread
|color coordinated thread and thread holder|
- one needle
- one set of brief but simple instructions
To finish the kit, you need to purchase a 12" or 14" pillow to fit inside of the cover.
So once I had finished all the stitches and appliques, I added some buttons to personalize the pillow cover to add a little more dimension to the finished project.
Overall, this would be an easy project to introduce someone to applique work and basic embroidery stitches. All the supplies are included (except the pillow) and the directions are very brief and simple to follow. It is also a great kit for short trips or just to do on a weekend. You can also add to it by adding buttons, stones, ribbons, etc.
- Always keep the color picture, you can use it as reference, just in case the diagrams do not make sense to you.
- Utilize the color coded card that is included in this kit to perfectly match the colors to the diagrams.
- Place all the parts in a ziplock for an easy and inexpensive traveling kit. Just grab it and you have something to work on when the opportunity presents itself.
For other kits by Dimensions, check out Amazon.