Sun safety is really important to me and my family and the 2015 Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit offers a wide range of products to fit my needs. The kit itself sells for $32 and for each kit sold,
Sephora donates $20 to the Skin Cancer Foundation. Having personally experience sun damaged skin and the less than fun experience of having a dermatologist remove potential melanoma cells from my
skin; I pay a lot of attention to sun safety for my family and myself. I don't believe that a coat of sunscreen by itself is sufficient to protect my skin from the harsh California sun, so I do invest in quality products that provide additional protection to my skin.
There is an excellent selection of products in the bag and the products are mostly deluxe sized samples.
Here is a list of what came in the 2015 Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit:
- Amorepacific - Natural Protector spf 30 (.1 oz)
- Clarins UV Plus Anti-Pollution Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (.3 oz)
- Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (.5 oz)
- Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Dark Spot Sun Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 (.25 oz)
- Dr. Jar Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 (.17 oz)
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 (.08 oz)
- Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 (.5 oz)
- Korres Yoghurt Nourishing Fluid Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (.34 oz)
- Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (.17 oz)
- Olehenriksen Eye Cream (.1 oz)
- Origins VitaZing Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Energy Boosting Moisturizer With Mangosteen (.5 oz)
- Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion SPF (.5 oz)
- Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 50 (.6 oz)
- St. Tropez One Night in Light-Medium (1.69 oz)
- Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum SPF 30 (.34 oz)
- Vita Liberata Passion Flower & Argon Dry Oil Broad Spectrum SPF 50 (.34 oz)
I thought this was a really good selection of products for my investment of $30. And since $20 of my investment went to the Skin Cancer Foundation, I felt really good about my purchase. I not a fan of tiny samples (single use packets) because I can not use the product enough to form an opinion on it or not. These deluxe samples were big enough that I was able to use them and decide which ones worked great for me and which did not.
Below are some of my favorite products that were included in my kit. The sugar balm is just the right size to stick in my jean pocket and have it on hand. It does have sun protection in it, so my lips get some protection as well as moisture.
The Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Daily Moisturizer with SPF 47 works really well for me and does not cause my skin to break out. It does have a light fragrance, so if you are sensitive to fragrance make sure you check out the tester at Sephora to make sure it won't cause you any problems.
I also am a fan of the Ole Henriksen line but had not tried the "Total Truth" eye cream before. I usually use the Ultimate Lift Eye gel because it helps diminish my under eye bags but this product is really moisturizing and great for night time use.
Now for my least favorite product:
The Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum with SPF 30, did not provide me with sun protection. I wore it for a few hours and managed to get sunburn. It also made my skin itch. The cream does have a noticeable fragrance which could easily have caused the reaction. However, since I still got sunburn I will not be purchasing the Supergoop product in the future. I had better sun protection from other products.
When you consider that I only disliked 1 out of 16 products, this really was a great deal. Most of the Sephora stores are sold out of the kit but I have still come across some kits in the bigger Sephora locations. They are perfectly sized for travel. I was really happy with my purchase and enjoyed trying out some of the newer products that I was not familiar with. It is a great deal if you can still find them in the store.
They seem to release a different one each year, so if you missed out on the 2015 Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit then keep an eye for the 2016 which should be released around June 2016.